C&C: Tiberium Alliances – The Online Strategy Hit!
Strategy Browser Game – Command & Conquer is back! The Publishers EA have brought the most played strategy game of the 90s into the new decade. With the free-to-play strategy browser game Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances, EA offers old and new fans of the series the opportunity to measure themselves up against thousands of other players in a gigantic online game. However, does the online version of Command & Conquer rock just as much?
Official Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances Trailer
The free-to-play strategy browser game Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances pulls off the same familiar atmosphere as in the other games of the Tiberium series. You have the choice between the good guys GDI and the bad guys, the Brotherhood of NOD, led by Kane. Both sides have, of course, completely different buildings and units, like the familiar Mammoth Tank of the GDI or the Nod Bike of the NOD.
Resources are the Key to Victory:
Just like in every good strategy browser game, you need to path the way for maintaining a well thought-out resource system. As well as the extractable resources of Tiberium, there are also blue crystal fields. Both resources can be extracted through the construction of collectors. The production of energy becomes more and more important as a resource the longer the game goes on. This can be produced through the construction of power plants. Tiberium is necessary in order to build up your base, whereas crystals and energy are used to build up your units and also towards countless upgrades.
Imaginative Base Construction:
Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances offers two different ways to build up your base. Firstly there is the standard view, with which you can construct factories, collectors, production and research facilities, and then there is the Defensive View. With the Defensive View you are able to erect different defence fortifications in your base, such as barbed wire, MG nests, flak cannons or other mobile units, which are useful for defending. Always try to have a balanced mixture of the two in order to make it as difficult as possible for your opponent.
Sophisticated Battle System:
With the free-to-play C&C strategy browser game Tiberium Alliances places your units before the fight on a field matrix. This specifies where and in which order you want your units to attack the opposing base. This puts your tactical know-how to the test. For example, it doesn’t make any sense to place your fighter bombers, which are good against buildings, on the front line, if the opponent has placed anti-aircraft infantry on theirs. They, of course, can be easily gotten rid of by using infantry units. For attacks, you always have a particular number of action points at your disposal, so that you aren’t able to defeat your opponent in the first wave.
Successful Alliance System:
We found the Alliance System of Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances particularly good. It allows for different possible ways of communication and distribution of alliance ranks. Particularly note-worthy is the relocation function. If you find an especially good clan or your friends are far away, you can use the relocation function and pull your bases together. Doing this is extremely advantageous. In addition, there are different rebel bases. These can be looted and give you from time to time bonuses on research rates and unit strength, if they remain in the control of your alliance.
- Extensive Alliance System: Forum, Chat, relocation functions, coordinated attack, defence and capture of rebel bases!
- Back to the Roots: Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances is a true expansion of the C & C Tiberium series with lots of old familiar friends, units and weapons!
- Tactical know-how: It isn’t just important to have the right combination of units, you also need to know where to place them and what kind of support you or the opponent has
- Extensive Base Construction: Choose between a diverse range of resources, production facilities and defence fortifications in order to secure your base and build the best units
- Countless Research Options: Always be up to date and research different units such as the Mammoth Tank, the Ion Cannon and the feared Scorpion
Tips & Tricks
- At the beginning, Tiberium is the most important resource to be able to build up your buildings as fast as possible and to unlock new units and buildings
- Once you have a basic base constructed, Crystal and Electricity (required for advanced building and unit upgrades) become more important
- At the beginning you can disregard your defence capabilities. It’s better to focus on your attack capabilities in order to be able to loot more resources from rebel outposts
- As soon as you have found a good clan, use the relocation function and assemble together in one place (live by the motto: “Strong together”)
The Bottom Line
Command & Conquer: Tiberium Alliances is a very successful, action-packed and free-to-play strategy browser game. The graphics and animations aren’t overwhelming and the game mechanics and the sheer number of alliance features mean that the game has enduring playability. We, as fans of the Command & Conquer games, have been convinced and can only recommend for you to test it out for yourself. It’s worth it.
Photos from Command & Conquer